Monday, July 20, 2009

Vacation and the return to real life

Well, I had an amazing vacation in beautiful Lake Tahoe. It was so good to have time away from everything stressful. Normally I lay around and get pretty lazy when I have time away from work, but not this time. My trip to Tahoe was full of activities ranging from a 13 mile kayak expedition, a 4 hour hike with a 1200ft elevation change ( from 7600-8800ft), a very cool and education cruise tour around the lake, a concert featuring REO Speedwagon and Styx, and lots of other great things. An added bonus of the trip is that spending so much time being active has sparked in me the desire to stay that active and to appreciate the natural beauty in my home town. I am currently mapping out and planning several hiking treks in Georgetown. They range in difficulty and length from the very flat zero elevation change San Gabriel Trail at only 1 mile in length to the grade 4 incredibly rocky Good Water trail at a daunting 16.5 miles around Lake Georgetown. I am saving the long one for October or November when it is much cooler and there aren't as many snakes and mosquitoes. Joey Halbert-you will need to join me for this hike. Also, I want people to come on alot of hikes with me. So let me know if you want to come.

The bad part of being on vacation is coming home. I am still not making progress in finding a new job and some days it just seems hopeless. One thing that became very real to me today as I felt another possible job slip through my fingers was this: I can wait for a job to change my life, or I can change my life and wait for a job. I need to stay focused on accomplishing the latter of the two. Prepare to witness change...but please keep praying for a job.

In parting I want to leave you with this very personal fact...so we can all feel connected:
High altitude gives me gas and constipation.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Prosso said...

I'm there. I even bought some hiking shoes a few months ago.