Monday, October 13, 2008

Are you serious?!

COME ON DALLAS! What the crap. This team is ridiculously inconsistent and it is very frustrating. Lucky for me it's just a game and I would be pretty silly to let it upset me. Alright then. Glad we had this little talk.

This weekend I am going to the Aggie football game with my wife's family and it should be a good time. We always have fun when we go to college station with her fam...and seeing as I love watching football...it's two great things.

Remember when you were a kid and you wanted to seek out and learn about things you didn't understand? Those things that were foreign were seen as another exciting opportunity to explore. Why is it that we seem to lose that thirst for discovery and understanding when it comes to another person's beliefs or politics? I am glad we live in a country that is run by democracy, but I am often saddened to see our freedom of choice being used as such a stark dividing line.

On some what of the same topic, this will be my second presidential race to vote it. There is a since of pride that comes with this exercising of right and responsibility. I say that even now. Knowing full well that the vote I cast will NOT get my candidate of choice in office. God bless the write in vote. And God BLESS (and help) America.

One thing I have been appreciating lately is how aging has helped me and my family become closer. Sure, it may be that hormones are more in line now and I don't fly off the handle so frequently over little things. But I would like to think that has to do with each of us growing into more complete people and part of that is understanding that you and your friends and family aren't perfect. I also love that the difference in age has become a mut point. One of my closest friends is my younger brother Jeremy, who will be turning 18 three months after I turn 26. Granted, he's no ordinary 18 year old, but it has become one of the simple pleasures I love so much, to realize how close I have become with my family. My dad and I talk every Sunday about the football game, and then usually recap on Monday. We talk about alot of others things as well, but it's these little "friendly" conversations I am appreciating more and more. You can't take these things for granted.

I have a Dallas Cowboys Victory dance that I was excited to break out yesterday, but they blew and ruined it for everybody. Maybe next week, America.

1 comment:

Mama B said...

Maybe next week indeed! I want to see that dance!
Ma