Friday, October 17, 2008

The Happiness to Come

So many great things are happening right now! Here they are in no particular order:
Our house is being built in record speed! They have now framed and put up the siding and windows. Simply amazing!
My family is preparing to have the greatest holiday season ever. Why is it the greatest holiday season ever? Because this year we will be celebrating with two new members of the family, namely my wife Kimberly and Jon's wife Emily. I am very excited!
The Dallas Cowboys acquired former University of Texas Longhorn Roy Williams as, yet another, amazing wide receiver! Also, Tony Romo claims that after a call from his hero, Brett Favre, he has decided that if he gets the O.K. from the training staff he will continue to play with his injured hand. HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

I got the treat of having lunch with my mom and my sister, Bethany, today. In my last post I wrote about how I am appreciating my family dynamic more and more, and today was just another reminder of that.

I am the luckiest man alive and I am head over heals in love with my wife. If you know me well, you will know that I have a tendency to be a bit "out of it" in the morning. As my wonderful wife was leaving for work this morning she told me about a giant spider she had killed and asked me if I would dispose of it when I got up. Although I don't have much of a memory of the event I am told that I asked what I was suppose to clean it up with and then told her I would take care of it if I remember. To this,my wife in her grace and understanding, said to me "I'll take care of it babe. You go back to sleep." Is she not amazing?!?! I have to admit that upon hearing the story I was a bit ashamed that I had responded that way, but again, I was half asleep.

I am about to finish the book I have been reading and I need ideas for other great books to read. My problem is that I am within 30 days of a gift giving opportunity, and therefore, I am not allowed to buy any books (or anything else for that matter) for my self. So if you can recommend a book that I can borrow from you...that would be even better.

For Christmas I want it to be so cold that I can see my breath. Alright?

No comments: