Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall in the air

Normally, if I don't have to work in the morning I like to sleep in. However, lately the morning temperatures have been around 50 degrees, and I can't just lay in bed and waste the beautiful weather. I have been getting up every morning and playing with the dogs and watching hunting shows with all the doors and windows open. Oh yeah...I watch hunting shows now. My favorite stars a Baptist pastor from Lubbock and his two sons. They go white-tail hunting and in pretty much every show you can find them sitting in a deer blind together whispering some deep philosophical or heart felt conversation, which is inevitably interrupted by one pointing out a "Big 'Un" that just walked into the clearing and proceeding to shoot said "Big 'Un" and celebrating with phrases as varied as "I nailed that sucker" to "Praise You ,Lord Jesus, for sending me this beautiful creature". I love this show and make no apologies for watching it.

Today the UT Longhorns upset #1 OU sooners. This game was,perhaps, the most poorly officiated game I have ever witnessed. I am not suggesting that it favored one team more than the other, as the bad calls where definitely going in both directions. I have never played sports on a collegiate level and I have never been a part of a rivalry like that one held at the Red River Shoot Out, but it seems to me that in such a bitter rivalry, you would want to make sure that no one could blame a win or a loss on the refs. Maybe it's just me.

Here are some more things you can add to my gift list. For whatever reason you may want to purchase me a gift...here are some more ideas.
Birkenstock clogs
Planet Earth DVD
Nag Champa
A new Nalgine
10ft Aluminum John Boat with trailer
Subscription to Texas Parks and Wildlife
DVD's of old TV shows i.e. Mary Tyler-Moore,Dick Van Dyke, The Cosby Show

Those are good things. Get 'em for yourself too. Much love to anybody reading this.

1 comment:

Mama B said...

I absolutely LOVE your wish lists! You have always beed good about giving me plenty of things to choose from at gift giving time. I love you, Bud! Wish i could buy 'em all! Ma