Friday, February 6, 2009

The Career Change (Part 4)

Well...after close to three weeks of silence and un-returned phone calls and e-mails, my career advisor called last night...and I missed the call! He was trying to get our schedules together so that we can have a constructive conference call and discuss my immediate options and long-term growth goals. It is encouraging that progress is being made, even if it is at the pace of an autistic snail with a broken shell and a slime deficiency. Progress none the less! My goal is to be in a new career by April. I think I may have previously said March, but the lack of communication lead to an unforeseen delay in the plans.

This weekend my brother and his wife will be in town and I always love seeing them. My brother and I and one of our friends are going to spend tomorrow morning and afternoon playing disc-golf and maybe having a little lunch. It'll be sweet.

In general I am not a fan of cinema. I feel like spending two hours of my life watching the story of some one's fictional life is a waste. I also feel like there are very few original ideas out there right now. It seems like every major blockbuster I have seen advertised lately is either book adapted to screen play, based on a comic book or super hero, a remake of an old movie, or some other old story attempting to be made new. To me, I have always loved the idea of creative writing and I just don't see much of it anymore.

I guess that's all I have to say today.

No comments: