Monday, February 23, 2009

My Most sincere appologies...

It has been far too long since I last updated, and for that I am sorry. During the past few weeks my life took a turn for the crazy side of town. It was a whirlwind of stressful conspiracy theories at work, traveling to and from a family funeral, job searching, and finally...just trying to relax and catch my breath. Mission accomplished. I am now back to feeling like myself, save a few a small changes. Let me tell you somethings that I have learned or thought about in the past few weeks.

Death: it is very sad, and no matter how it comes, those left in it's wake will need time and support to over come the natural course of grief. I have also learned that while I would appreciate it if it wasn't spread over three days, I appreciate the way in which Catholics celebrate the life of the dearly departed. I would like something that resembles a wake when I fly away.

Snow: I just love that stuff! I know that like anything else too much of a good thing...but I don't see it enough to get tired of it.

Work: is what I do...not who I am. I am very unhappy in my current job, but thankful to be employed. I pray that in the VERY near future I am able to take a position that better suits my needs and one that allows me to feel appreciated.

Bloody Marries: are great every now and then, but be forewarned...if you purchase one at the O'Hare Bar and grill in Chicago...they are $13 a piece. Take it easy.

The Library: I love this place. I have spent a lot of time there over the past few weeks and have felt better because of it. I finally finished "After All", the biography of Mary Tyler Moore and loved it. She had a fairly tragic life and pulled through. Whoda thunk it. I have now purchased and started reading "Lake Woebegone Days" by Mr. Garrison Keillor. I love his work on NPR's A Prairie Home Companion and his comedy is intelligent. I think I'll like this book.

I have a lot of other stuff going on right now, but I'll just sum that up real quick.
I'm Painting again.
I am determined to reach my weight goal
I am making plans to outfit my backyard for great Summer Parties...you are invited.

I love you all. Seriously.

1 comment:

Sister Beta said...

I want to come to summer parties! Tell your dog to get over his prejudice. ;)