Monday, May 18, 2009

Swinging for the fences

As you all new I am desperately searching for a new career. Things at my current job took a terrible turn about a month ago and have gotten steadily worse since then. I have been looking for jobs and networking, but nothing has come of it. Now, it is time I start swinging for the fences. If you have ever seen a baseball player strike out swinging,there are two ways it goes down. The first way is seen by the guy trying to get one base. He doesn't want to swing to hard because he's worried about pulling it foul, or missing all together and then not only would he not be on base, but he might look desperate or stupid. The other way it happens is when I guy steps up to the plate already determined to swing as hard as he can at the pitches coming his way. He may miss three good pitches, but even when he strikes out the people on his team and those watching will say things like "Man, if he had made contact that thing would have been outta here!" He will strike out looking desperate and maybe even exhausted. But no one will be able to say he didn't give those three swings every thing he had. I am that guy. I have been taking timid swings at a new career, but now the pine tar is on and I am ready to dislocate a shoulder swinging for the fences. If you are parked directly beyond the center field wall...I apologize for what is going to happen to your windshield.

As always I ask for your continued prayers and encouragement and if any of you have any solid jobs leads I would be most grateful to hear of them.

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE.

1 comment:

Mr. Brightside said...

You know, that is really all you can do. Temper the swinging with some time for reflection.