Friday, November 14, 2008

Birthdays and such

Well...I am now 26 years of age. Yes, Monday was my birthday and I have to say it goes in the books as one of my favorite birthdays ever. It was very laid back and relaxed. I didn't do anything crazy or hugely exciting...I just had a good day.Thanks to everybody who helped make it the day that it was.

I had a wonderful time last night walking around Home Depot with my wife. Yep. That's what we did with our evening off. It was a lot of fun to look at things we hope to add to our new home and talk about our little projects and stuff. I know that this is the age of technology and all that crap, but I for one still really love working with my hands and can't wait to start adding things and upgrading our house.

Ever wonder what it would be like to be the opposite sex? I don't.

I realized this last week that as much as I have grown in self confidence and not trying to impress people...I still want to look good and feel out of sorts when I am not looking my best. I don't really think it's a bad thing to want to look your best, but I was a little disappointed in myself for letting physical things affect my view of myself. I'll work on that. We all should.

I am reading, for the very first time, Catcher in the Rye. So far it is really interesting, but doesn't make we want to be crazy or anything. It is written very conversationally, which makes it easier for me to read. I appreciate when people write like they speak. I also have an appreciation for well worded literature. I am easy to please as far as reading is concerned.

Holidays are coming. I am happy.

No comments: