Friday, December 5, 2008

Bad News Never had Good Timing

Have you ever noticed that you always seem to get bad news when you are ill? The last time I was seriously ill I got a phone call and against my better judgement I answered the phone. The person on the other end informed me that my best friend in high school had been killed in a motorcycle accident. Today I learned that some one has been attempting to open credit cards with my personal information. Not fun.

I can't help but notice that I have not a single follower for my blog. That depressing.

So, speaking of depressing...I have been brushing up on my Haiku skills lately. If you are not sure what I Haiku is, I suggest looking it up on wikipedia. They explain it better than I can. Anyway, I wrote this poem in Haiku form.

Footstool and a noose
Winter heart-ache takes it's toll
Spring will never come

Personally I prefer poems that aren't as strict with they're guidelines, but Haiku is a beautiful form and a great practice in writing in thrift. I also have a hard time writing in this form about anything that is not completely depressing. Subconscious perception of the Japanese life?

I have noticed that I, being a long haired bearded man, get very strange and concerned looks when I walk around with a copy of "Catcher in the Rye". I suppose I should have expected this.

I am not sure what I will read next. I have never read "The Great Gatsby" but I have heard very good things. I also haven't read "Oliver Twist". Both good options.

Less than two weeks until we move into our new home.

No comments: