Sunday, December 7, 2008

Confidance

I understand that all people struggle with confidence. It is a rare occasion to find a person who has found that perfect amount that puts your right in the middle of self-conscious and arrogant. It's a place I hope to find someday. And when I find it, brother I am settin' up camp. I have struggled my whole life with being on one side or the other of confidence...sometimes both sides at the same time. I am very self-conscious about somethings and there are others that I am too prideful about. It is my hope that through time and practice I will be the type of man who knows his worth, but doesn't feel the need to convince others to see it.

He wears, in his smile,
A quiet confidence,
An assurance that is echoed
In his eyes.
No use for self-consciousness
or arrogance,
He smiles certain
with humility and pride.

So, that's just a little poem about who I want to be someday. It's a goal.

10 days till we move in! JACKED!

2 comments:

Mr. Brightside said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Brightside said...

I know for a fact that many people read your blog. Just because they don't 'follow' doesn't mean you don't have daily readers.