Monday, December 1, 2008

My Travels

This past weekend I went with my wife and her family to a wedding in Iowa. We flew into Chicago Friday afternoon and drove the rest of the way to Dubuque. It was an amazing trip and one I will remember for ever...Unless, of course, I forget.

I saw alot of beautiful things and learned about a culture that seems almost completely different from the one I have grown up in. I loved finding the differences between the way people live in the northern part of the country in comparison to my dear beautiful Texas. I am very proud to be a Texan and could never actually move away, but there were aspects of the north that I really loved.The weather was the first thing I loved about being up north. They actually have FOUR seasons. It gets cold there, and I love the cold weather. In three days I saw more snow than I have seen in my entire life in Texas...cummulatively.The food in the south is WAY better.

I will probably post some pictures from the trip soon. You'll be jealous.

It's just about two weeks until I move into my new home. This excites me.

I am watching a movie called "The 9th Gate". It's about a book written by the devil and Johhny Depp is trying to find it. I am halfway through ( I had to go to work) and so far it is awesome. I have really been into the idea of collected books lately. Not specifically rare or antiquin books, but books I like. Maybe if I SUPER like a book I will try to get an early copy or something. That'd be cool.

I think I want to get a cocker spaniel like I had when I was a kid. That'd be sweet!

No comments: