Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A funny thing happened....

So, Monday I wrote a blog about how much I hated the hot weather in December and then very next day a miracle happened. It snowed in Austin,Texas! I am seriously starting to think I have magic powers. I made it snow it Dubuque, Chicago, and now Austin. I should really start thinking on a bigger scale and wish for something like winning the lottery or striking oil...or world peace or whatever.

My wife and I walked through our new home today and picked out everything we wanted them to fix or change. It was fun. "No no no! This paint is suppose to be Satin, not semi-gloss. I swear, if this isn't taken care of the deal is off!" yes yes...much fun. Now I start the longest week of my life...waiting to close and move in.

I am thinking about auditing a course or two at a local university. I have realized that I really like learning, and if it were something like Texas History or physics or something cool like that I could totally flex my knowledge on people at parties and such. By the way...do other states teach state history? I mean obviously no other state is as awesome as Texas...it seems like other state's history would be lame. Can you imagine having to sit through a semester on South Dakota history? Yikes.

Christmas is in 15 days. That is soon and I am happy. The whole family over and Kimberly and I's house for Christmas Eve is one of my favorite new traditions.

1 comment:

Mr. Brightside said...

No lie. I encountered a new bathroom bandit species a day after we discussed....The Conversationalist-this cheery character will mesmerize you with his friendly demeanor only to degrade you with is festering flatulance and break-neck bowel movements. 'hello young man'-'nice day isn't it?'- 'you catch the game?'-'I love the holidayyeaa' BRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPP THWAAAAPOPOPOPOP GRUMMMMMMP.