Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Estoy Enfermo

There are things in life I am good at and things I am notoriously bad at. Being sick is one of the things I do poorly. I am sure this is just a cold, but I am not at all productive when I am sick. Oh well, this should blow over soon.

I have alot of art projects I hope to start working on towards the end of the month and the first part of the new year. One in particular that I am very excited about is going to be very interesting photographic collage that will be called "E Pluribus Unum". It's a multifaceted title. I have already contacted a few of the people I want to make the subject of this series and so far everybody is on board.

There is a photography project I want to do with my wife that I am very happy about as well. I will be taking a series of photographs where Kimberly will be standing in a crowd. The entire crowd will be facing away from the camera with the exception of Kim, who will be dressed in a wedding dress. I plan to develop the images in a sepia tone except for Kimberly who will be in color. It a visual representation of how I see her. Take from that what you will.

It's interesting that I have been working with photography because that is not usually my medium of choice. Although, I guess when inspiration strikes you follow where it leads.

1 comment:

Mama B said...

I so get your interpretation of your beloved!!! She does stand out, in any crowd, wearing anything she chooses. I came away from Thanksgiving particularly blessed and grateful for your Kimberly. I do love that girl. You can tell her if you want.
Ma

PS And I am so sorry you are sick.