Friday, March 13, 2009

Just an Update

I feel like I am doing a good job of keeping this updated lately. Today I have no particular topic to discuss other than some things I have been thinking and working on.

Fitness - I have talked a little bit about how I want to get back into good shape and be a good steward of the body God gave me. So, this morning my wife and I went out and purchased some clothing and shoes more appropriate for the pursuit of physical fitness. When I was a kid I loved to wear shorts and cowboy boots, but some how that look doesn't translate when you are in your mid to late twenties. I have written down my goals in easily measurable metrics and I am optimistic about meeting those goals.

Music - I have been playing some new songs with my younger brother and liking what we have created. Our combined efforts always seem to take us a mellow and somewhat understated direction that is foreign to me. It's very cool.

Massages - I freakin' love massages and would get one every day of my life if I could. Anyway, I have recently become completely addicted to watching massage training videos on youtube. I know it sounds weird, but just watching them is insanely relaxing. Be careful when you are searching for these videos...there are some not so family friendly ones out there. I suggest any of the technique videos posted by "massagenerd". Pretty much anything with nerd in the title is safe.

iPods - I don't own one, and I am starting to see how incredibly convenient they are. I have a large collection of music, most of which is in CD format and it is very annoying to have try to switch CD's while I'm driving...not to mention dangerous. I also don't like the idea of keeping multiple volumes of CD books in my car...that's just asking for trouble. So, I want to get an iPod, but before I go crazy and buy whatever $200 version is popular right now, I thought I'd see if anybody wanted to sell me their older version. I assume they all work in basically the same fashion, so a used one would be a good test run. Let me know if you or any one that you know wants to sell ( or give ) me their old iPod.

Summer - I have not been a fan of summer for most of my life. However, I have decided that this summer will be amazing! I want to take weekend trips with my wife and friends and family. Try new things and see new places. It will be great.

I leave you with a joke:
A guy with amnesia walks up to a woman in a bar and says "So...do I come here often?"

No comments: