Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Career Change ( Part 2 )

Today I received the results of my career assessment. This simple personal inventory tells you what jobs you will most likely enjoy and thrive in. I really like taking personal inventory tests. Is that a job? Can I just do that? No? Ok. It was worth a shot. Anyway, some of the careers suggested didn't shock me at all and others I laughed at due to how outrageous they were. One particular suggestions really got me thinking...until the end. While looking at the list of possible career paths I found Speech Pathologist. Wow. That sounds important. So I read a bit about it and it sounded like really amazing work. In fact, I had a speech problem when I was younger ( it still shows up when I am very tired ) and went to speech therapy for a while. Maybe I would be awesome at this! So I continue to read. Great pay, regular schedule, little to no travel required, and all I have to do is get a PHD in Speech Pathology! Awesome! Needless to say I moved on to the next item of interest. I have a conference call with my career advisor next week at which time he will further explain this jumble of results I have before me and help me sort out the best and most realistic options listed.


In other news, I have the weekend off and I am very excited about this. I don't have any specific plans, but I am sure I will occupy my time in an awesome way.


This just in! Ping Pong is awesome. More to come as we receive details of just how awesome it is.



1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Saturday Night, birthday dinner for your baby sister... BE THERE! =) And Kim too if she's not working! =)