Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Unrealistic goals in a very real world

Today I returned to work after 3 days off. I enjoyed those three days, but I absolutely hated what I found at work when I got back. stacks of papers reprimanding our store for our short comings. What short coming you might ask. Let me tell you. Last week my store went "over hours". We used 189 hours for the week. There are three managers that each require 40 hours a week to maintain their position. That's 120 hours. There is also a policies that states that no employee is to be in the store by themselves for any reason. So how is it that we are suppose to follow the rules and not go "over hours"?!?!?! If it happens again ( and it will ) the entire management team will be written up...basically given a strike. I also found that I received a personally reprimand for not accepting a return because the item was marked down to $19.99 from it's original price of $44.00 and our policy is all items discounted 50% or more from the original price are not able to be returned or exchanged. So I refused the return only to get an -email ( a very rude one ) stating that "It's obviously not off of the ORIGINAL price, but the last price it was listed at in your store." Funny thing though...the sign says original price. When am I going to learn that in the corporate world nobody ever says what they mean and I must become psychic or risk my job. Awesome.

I just read that paragraph and it may be really lame to alot of people...but I am leaving it for the simple fact that I needed to vent.

The Super Bowl is this weekend and I am very excited.

I am praying really hard for a new job SOON!

No comments: