Monday, January 19, 2009

Change

No matter your age, your race, your income level, or any other variable, every one must drink the bitter sweet concoction of change. Right now it seems like every one I know is going through a major change in their life. Job changes, church changes, locations changes, relationship changes are all happening right now. For most of us change brings on a dose of stress or worry. I struggle to keep in mind that 99% of the time worrying and feeling stress over a situation will not affect the outcome of said situation. So, for myself and any one else who reads this I would like to share with you something I once read. "Be anxious for nothing, but with prayer and supplication make your requests known to God." I am not a great Bible scholar and I can't tell you where that verse can be found, but for me...the address makes no different. If you will excuse my rough paraphrase, I feel as though this is good saying "Look, you can do absolutely nothing about this situation, so settle down and trust me. I got this." I'm workin on it.

I still really want a boat. My little brother and I have talked about goin halves on one, but nothing has fit the bill thus far.

Today marks the first day of my diet and exercise plan. While I don't think it's ok to complain about the things you can't change, it is simply unforgivable to whine about those that you can. Ergo...I will change what I don't like. Dig it?

Both of the teams I was routing for in the AFC and NFC championships made it to the super bowl. I would now like to make a big point about a controversial subject. To those of you who claim that NCAA football needs to go to a play off system because that way the best teams would play each other for the championship...take a second look! The Arizona Cardinals will be playing the Pittsburgh Stealers for the National Championship. Still think a play off system allows for the best to play the best in the championship? Nope.

Tomorrow, the 44 president of the United States will take office. God bless him and God bless America.

No comments: