Monday, January 5, 2009

Prospects and great hope

I want every one to know that since the early part of 2003 I have been happy with my life. Alot of things have happened that made me upset or sad for a short time, but all in all I truly love my life. I have been very blessed. Lately, however, I have felt what I am called "a divine nudge" to take a step of faith and pursue a new career. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about the idea of a set schedule, weekends off, good money, and utilizing the degree I went to school to earn, but I am a man who hates uncertainty. I have worked in retail for 10 years. There is no aspect of this business I do not know, and at the risk of sounding cocky, very few areas of retail in which I am not superior to most. The problem is, I am learning that God demands that we live up to our potential. That looks different for different people, but for me...it looks like pursuing a new career when I am already comfortable where I am. I honestly believe that this is what God wants, and in many ways it what I want, but I am still a bit nervous.

This weekend I get to demo some walls in a friends house and then install new dry wall. I am seriously looking forward to this!

Also, I got a sheet sander this weekend and it is awesome. I sanded down this old trunk and painted it blue and we are going to use it for extra seating and storage in our new back yard. HECK YES!

Very excited.

No comments: